The Practice Development Committee of NSGP Presents
Conversations with the Authors: A Two Part Series
Women, Intersectionality, and Power
in Group Psychotherapy Leadership
Edited by Yoon Kane, Saralyn Masselink, and Annie Weiss
Please join us for a lively, thoughtful panel discussion with the authors of the groundbreaking new book,
Women, Intersectionality, and Power in Group Psychotherapy Leadership
This ground-breaking book presents multifaceted perspectives to examine assumptions about gender, intersecting identities, and power that impact women’s experience as group psychotherapy leaders, mentors, and educators. Authors will discuss theoretical, cultural and personal paradigms as well as practical and technical applications for all group psychotherapists.
Sunday, January 9th, 4-5:30 pm with Yoon Kane, Libby Shapiro, Jan Morris, Jeanne Bunker, and Madeline Stein
NSGP members $30 for Jan 9
Non NSGP members $40 for Jan 9
A Zoom link with joining details will be sent a few days before the event to all paid registrants.
For more information please contact Oona Metz at email@example.com
Below are the chapter titles and their authors:
- From Chrysalis to Butterfly: Women Leading Women from Silence to Power, Elizabeth Shapiro
- Cinderella, The Wicked Queen, and Glinda Walk into a Group: Countertransference Resistance and the Female Group Leader, Janice M. Morris
- Liberating Ambition in Women Group Psychotherapists, Jeanne Bunker
- Courage to Lead: The Shadow of Racism on Women of Color Leading Psychotherapy Groups, Yoon Im Kane
- Vulnerability & Violence: Female Group Leadership, the Social Unconscious, & the #MeToo Movement, Madeline Stein
SPACE IS LIMITED SO REGISTER TODAY!