The Practice Development Committee of NSGP Presents
Conversations with the Authors: A Two Part Series
Women, Intersectionality, and Power
in Group Psychotherapy Leadership
Edited by Yoon Kane, Saralyn Masselink, and Annie Weiss
Please join us for a lively, thoughtful panel discussion with the authors of the groundbreaking new book,
Women, Intersectionality, and Power in Group Psychotherapy Leadership
This ground-breaking book presents multifaceted perspectives to examine assumptions about gender, intersecting identities, and power that impact women’s experience as group psychotherapy leaders, mentors, and educators. Authors will discuss theoretical, cultural and personal paradigms as well as practical and technical applications for all group psychotherapists.
Sunday, December 5th, 4-5:30 pm with Annie Weiss, Yoon Kane, Sasha Watkins, Julie Anderson, & Kavita Avula
Sunday, January 9th, 4-5:30 pm with Yoon Kane, Libby Shapiro, Jan Morris, Jeanne Bunker, and Madeline Stein
You may register for one or both dates.
There will be different chapter authors at each event.
NSGP members $30 for one date, $50 for both dates
Non NSGP members $40 for one date, $60 for both dates
A Zoom link with joining details will be sent a few days before the event to all paid registrants.
For more information please contact Oona Metz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are the chapter titles and their authors:
- Unwelcoming and Group Process, Sasha Watkins
- Training Elastigirl: Developing Strength and Flexibility in Female Group Psychotherapists, Annie Weiss
- From Chrysalis to Butterfly: Women Leading Women from Silence to Power, Elizabeth Shapiro
- Cinderella, The Wicked Queen, and Glinda Walk into a Group: Countertransference Resistance and the Female Group Leader, Janice M. Morris
- Liberating Ambition in Women Group Psychotherapists, Jeanne Bunker
- Women Sharing the Power Seat: Equity and Equanimity in Co-leading Groups, Julie Anderson
- Brown, Barriered, Bold: One Therapist’s Story of Leadership, Kavita Avula
- Courage to Lead: The Shadow of Racism on Women of Color Leading Psychotherapy Groups, Yoon Im Kane
- Vulnerability & Violence: Female Group Leadership, the Social Unconscious, & the #MeToo Movement, Madeline Victore Stein
SPACE IS LIMITED SO REGISTER TODAY!