The NSGP Practice Development Committee presents:
Looking at Money Issues in Our Practices
Ellen L. Ziskind, LICSW & Bet MacArthur, LICSW
Please join us for an informative presentation about addressing money issues in your practice logistically and therapeutically.
Bet will discuss the logistics of legal and ethical concerns:
- How to do a ‘Financial Intake’ with clients.
- How to avoid accumulating heavy balances.
- What is a reasonable cancellation policy?
- Valuing your practice and setting fees.
- How to use credit cards to charge for sessions and collect for ‘No Shows’.
Ellen will explore the challenges of discussing money issues therapeutically:
- How to process fee setting, overdue balances, late cancellations and missed appointments.
- How to consider the financial and therapeutic aspects of our work simultaneously.
Bet MacArthur, LICSW is a therapist, writer, clinical supervisor and business development consultant practicing in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She currently serves on the Board of the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers and the Board of the City of Cambridge Commission for Persons with Disabilities. She was author and editor for seven years of the monthly column "Clinical Practice Today" for NASW's Social Work Focus newspaper.
Ellen L. Ziskind, LICSW has been affiliated with Harvard Medical School at Cambridge Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston Institute for Psychotherapy and Two Brattle Center, leading staff process and consultation groups and was an NSGP faculty member for many years. She is co-editor of "IFS: Internal Family Systems Therapy” and has a psychotherapy and consultation practice in Brookline.
January 24th, 4 – 6pm
Location: Newton, MA [address will be forwarded to all registrants]
$25 NSGP members, $35 nonmembers