NSGP has established the following committees. To contact the respective committee, click on the committee name.
- Audit Responsible for inspecting the books and records of the Treasurer and submitting a written audit report at the Annual Meeting of members
- Breakfast Club Responsible for organizing the free colloquium series where members and non-members get the opportunity to network and learn about therapy related topics
- Bylaws Responsible for assessing the adequacy of the by-laws, and when appropriate, to propose revisions for board consideration
- Conference Responsible for organizing, promoting and conducting the Annual Regional Institute and Conference of the Society. The Conference Committee is comprised of 7 separate sub-committees: Brochure, Experience Group, Hospitality, Publicity, Registration, Site, Workshop
- Continuing Education Responsible for regularly reviewing the application criteria for continuing education credits of the various professional organizations and updating the Board on its findings. As directed by the Board, the CE Committee is also responsible for overseeing and carrying out the Society’s applications for such credits.
- Disaster Response Responsible for maintaining a registry of NSGP members able to lead groups in the event of a disaster and for notifying the registry and making assignments in the event of a disaster. The Committee may offer training in disaster response group leadership and will maintain liaisons with other disaster response organizations
- Membership Responsible for outreach to potential and new members and for increasing NSGP membership.
- Newsletter Responsible for overseeing and implementing the publication of the NSGP newsletter.
- Nominating Responsible for considering available candidates for elected office; determining the willingness of the proposed nominees to serve as President-elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and members at large of the Board of Directors; and presenting a slate of candidates for the offices of President, Secretary, Treasurer, and members at large of the Board of Directors to the membership for mail ballot vote.
- Practice Development Responsible for promoting and supporting the development and practice of group psychotherapy for NSGP members by off provides opportunities for members to network with other professionals and institutions. This committee offers events related to current practice issues, coordinates the Consultation Benefit Program and oversees and monitors the group list on the NSGP website
- Publicity & Marketing Responsible for overseeing the continuing development and improvement of NSGP’s web site and database infrastructure, and NSGP’s other electronic means of communicating with members, the professional community in New England, and the public; coordinating publicity for NSGP’s various activities and services, and encouraging NSGP members to contribute to the professional community’s and the public’s understanding of the value and effectiveness of group psychotherapy.
- Training Program Responsible for organizing, promoting, conducting and administrating the NSGP training program.