Our scholarships are generously funded by the Northeastern Society for Group Psychotherapy Foundation (NSGPF). Both the Foundation and NSGP are committed to the development of students, early career mental health professionals, and its members in need of financial support who have an interest in expanding their knowledge and skills in group psychotherapy.
After you register for a course or conference, if you would like to apply for a scholarship, follow the steps below. If you receive an award, the amount will be deducted from your invoice and the balance due is your responsibility to pay promptly. Scholarships are awarded on a funds-available basis.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:For those who qualify, scholarships help to defray the cost of the annual Conference in June and our Training Program which includes the Principles Course (6 sessions) and Modules 1 & 2 of the Experiential Group (12 weeks each).
- Demonstrate the need for financial assistance to attend
- Express a passion for group psychotherapy
- Deliver a completed and strong application
- Have an interest and willingness to invest in NSGP and its mission
- Show how attending a training program or the conference will provide you with knowledge, skills, and contacts that will benefit your professional community
Details about each of these training opportunities can be found on the respective pages - Annual Conference and Training Program. NSGP strongly believes in the power of investing in the future of professionals who commit to the endeavor of group work. This investment strengthens your clinical skills and enhances the field of group psychotherapy.
Apply for a General NSGP Scholarship:
Deadline for the Training Program: varies
Deadline For Conference Scholarships: May 31, 2020
- Register for the conference or training program you are interested in attending. Select the "Invoice Me" option and do not submit payment.
- Fill out the scholarship application (link below). Your application will be automatically submitted to the committee. Scholarship applications are reviewed on Mondays and award letters are emailed by Wednesday each week.
- When you receive confirmation of your award and the amount, NSGP will adjust the amount of your original invoice and you will receive notice to submit payment for the balance due.
Questions?For questions about the General NSGP Scholarship Program, contact the Scholarship Committee co-chairsMarc Bolduc, LICSW, CADC II, CGP at email@example.com
Lucy Jordan, LICSW at firstname.lastname@example.org
For question about invoicing and payment, contact Lisa Portscher at email@example.com